Australian Advisory Board on Autism Spectrum Disorders
The Australian Advisory Board on Autism Spectrum Disorders (AAB-ASD) is Australia’s national peak body that provides strategic advice to the Australian government on the issues affecting people on the autism spectrum and their families. It is a company limited by guarantee and its member organisations comprise Amaze, the Autism Association of Western Australia, Autism Queensland, Autism South Australia, Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) and Autism Tasmania. It also:
- convenes the Asia Pacific Autism Conferences held biennially;
- fosters awareness and knowledge of autism;
- promotes research relating to autism;
- contributes to policy development in areas that affect the lives of people on the autism spectrum and their families;
- disseminates information to the support and wellbeing of people on the autism spectrum and their families; and
- is the backbone organisation for the Australian Autism Alliance, a network of organisations that brings together autistic people, their parents and carers, service providers and researchers.