All abstracts are a maximum of 300 words. Abstracts will be blind-reviewed by at least two reviewers. While there may be multiple authors or contributors to presentations, a maximum of two presenters is allowed. Presenters at APAC 2019 must follow appropriate ethical guidelines. While the Committee appreciates that those guidelines may vary throughout the Asia Pacific Region, inclusive research practice is encouraged. This includes engaging individuals on the autism spectrum as active research participants, as well as co-producing and/or co-presenting research with individuals and families.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Abstracts may only be submitted online at http://apac.autismcongress.org /2019/abstract-submit-abstract.php. Emailed, faxed or hard copy submissions will NOT be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and adhere to the maximum word limits imposed for each submission type.
For personal stories and narratives, it is recommended that your abstract:
- is linked to one of the conference themes
- has not been presented at another autism conference
- explores a positive or challenging experience
- offers insight into the lived experience of autism
For research, theoretical and professional submissions, it is recommended that your abstract follows the outlined format:
- The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- All presenters of accepted submissions will be required to register and pay for attendance at the Conference by 15 March 2019
- The acceptance of an abstract for the APAC 2019 Conference DOES NOT imply provision of travel, accommodation or registration for the conference, nor any other costs associated with preparation or presentation of the abstract, nor any costs associated with attendance at the Conference.
- All abstracts will be BLIND reviewed by a review panel approved by the APAC 2019 Conference Committee.
- The Committee’s decision is final.
- By submitting your abstract, you agree to have your abstract (if accepted) published on the Conference website, in the Conference program handbook and on the Conference online or smart phone applications.
- Automatic email confirmation of the submitted abstract will be sent upon receipt.
- You will be notified of your abstract status by end January 2019. Please do not contact the Conference Office prior to this date.
- If your abstract is accepted, you will be required to confirm the presenter/s and pay the applicable registration fee/s by 15 March 2019. Failure to do so may result in your paper being excluded from the conference program.
- For further information, please contact the Conference Office at firstname.lastname@example.org